Are you a blogger or reader who wants to share your story with the GenYFinanceGuy community?
Would you like to guest post???
I’m hoping you’ll say YES, because my audience and I want to get to know you. We want to hear your story and your view as a FREEDOM FIGHTER. (<<< Do make sure to read <<< that post so you know who you’d be talking to.)
GYFG MISSION: TO HUMANIZE FINANCE, BUILD WEALTH, AND REACH FINANCIAL FREEDOM!
The “Freedom Fighter” interview series is an important tool we use to realize our mission to Humanize Finance. Keep it real, keep it personal, and keep it all about you. Be authentic and as transparent as possible. Tell us stories, because they are way more interesting than one-word answers.
The ideal length of your guest post is 1,500 to 3,000 words (1,000 words is the minimum).
1. Freedom Fighter Interview Series
Need some inspiration before you start? Check out this post (same as link above).
Here are the questions:
- Tell us about yourself: Who are you and what do you do? What is your story? How are you fighting for your Freedom? Where did you start, where in the journey are you, and where do you ultimately want to end up? (Demographics are great: age, marital status, family, career, education.)
- Where in the world are you from?
- Are you a morning or a night person? What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
- What is your beverage of choice?
- What movie – if any – have you seen more than once?
- How many hours a week do you watch TV? What’s your favorite show?
- What book do you most frequently recommend? Why?
- Describe your last vacation.
- Describe your next vacation.
- What about you do most people not know?
- What are you really good at? What is your “Super Power?”
- What is your favorite Quote or Mantra that you live by?
- What is the worst financial decision you have ever made?
- What is the best financial decision you have ever made?
- When it comes to building wealth, do you spend more time figuring out how to cut expenses or increase income? Why?
- What is your definition of Financial Freedom? And what is your FREEDOM number($)?
- What is your favorite Asset Class to invest in (i.e., Real Estate, Stocks, Bonds, Peer to Peer Lending, etc)? Why? And what platforms do you use (i.e., TD Ameritrade for stocks, Realty Shares for Real Estate, Prosper for Peer to Peer lending, etc.).
- What is your favorite online financial resource, paid or free (i.e., Mint, Personal Capital, blogs, podcasts, Tasty Trade, etc.)? How about offline resources?
- What was your biggest surprise, financially or otherwise?
- Who is your hero?
- Who and/or what has influenced you most in life, positively or negatively?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
- What advice would you give to a reader who is 25-35? How about 45-55?
- What does “living life by design” look like to you, in terms of a typical day, week, month, year…?
- What, if anything, is holding you back from living life by design?
- Where can we find you online? If you’re a blogger, this is the perfect place to plug to your blog and tell us why it’s great 🙂
It would be nice to get answers to all of the questions, but you don’t have to answer them all if you don’t want to. Be creative and tell us stories. GYFG readers want to get to know you.
Submit your completed interview and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Following on from this concept…Do you have an idea for a topic-based post you could write on that you think would be a good GYFG fit?
After we get to know you we can talk about guest post ideas you may have. Please submit your answers to the Guest Posting questions above and then we can talk about topic-based posts.
I know I speak for all the GYFG readers in saying that we can’t wait to hear from you!
– Gen Y Finance Guy