I recently had the opportunity to share my trading story with Brandon Clay. You may remember Brandon Clay, he was our first guest featured in our Freedom Fighter interviews. Brandon recently launched his Trading Story podcast where he interviews part time and full time traders. He is personally in the process of living and defining his own trading story.
In this interview Brandon asks some great questions to dig into my trading background.
After you listen to the interview make sure you go and check out Brandon’s site and subscribe to his podcast. On his site you will find the show notes to this interview that have all three books I recommended in case you want to check them out.
I hope you enjoy listening. And if you do, don’t forget to leave Brandon a 5 star review in iTunes as it helps more people find the podcast.
Here are the questions that were asked during the interview:
- Tell us about yourself and what you trade.
- For the new traders out there, can you briefly explain what an XYZ is?
- How did you get into trading? What’s your trading story?
- What has trading done for you and your family. (measures of success)
- Every trader loses. Take us back to your most painful losing trade.
- What is your biggest frustration?
- What held you back from becoming a successful trader.
- Tell me about the turning point in your trading.
- How long did it take to become a successful trader
- Tell us about your favorite trading strategy for a new trader.
- How much do you risk on each of these trades?
- Talk about trade selection – when do you get into a trade?
- Talk about trade management – when do you get out?
- How to you keep your emotions in check?
- How much time does it take per week to trade this strategy?
- How much to you expect to gain per month with this strategy?
- How much does a new trader need to trade this method?
Fast Market Round
- What’s the best trading advice you have ever received?
- Who is your trading hero?
- Biggest mistake you see new traders make?
- What is an essential attribute of every successful trader?
- What trading platform do you use?
- Your favorite online resource for traders.
- Best trading book?
- Your favorite thing about trading?
- Give us some parting advice
Personal Capital allows you to aggregate your entire financial life into one account. All you need to do to see all your accounts in one place is log in to Personal Capital and voila! But it doesn’t stop there. They even automatically classify all your income and expenses for you. You get a FREE and fully AUTOMATED tracking system!