S&P 500 via the SPY ETF
Here are some questions that could be going through your head:
- With the market down close to 10% from the September high of 201.9, is this a buying opportunity?
- Should I be short the market betting there is more downside to come?
- Is the Bull Market over?
- How do I prepare for the next “opportunity of a lifetime?”
- After hitting a low of 660 back in March of 2009, is this Bull Run finally over after 6 impressive years?
- How does the Feds’ decision to end QE this month play into the recent price action over the past month? Is it a coincidence?
- Are prices still over-valued?
- Are we entering a new Bear Market?
- Will volatility be short-lived or remain elevated for some time to come?
- What should I be doing with my money?
What does this chart mean to you? What questions come to mind? Do you even care? Should you?
Share your thoughts, comments, and questions below this post.
-Gen Y Finance Guy
Gen Y Finance Guy
Hey, I’m Dom
- the man behind the cartoon. You’ll notice that I sign off as "Gen Y Finance Guy" on all my posts, due to the fact that I write this blog anonymously (at least for now). I like to think of myself as the Chief Freedom Officer
here of my little corner of the internet. In the real world, I’m a 30-something C-Suite executive.
I am trying to humanize finance by sharing my own journey to Financial Freedom. I believe in total honesty
. That is why before I ever started blogging, I decided that I would share all of my own financial stats
. I do this not to brag, but instead to inspire motivate, and also to hold myself accountable. My goal is to be a beacon of hope, motivation, and inspiration, for you
, the reader, by living life by example and sharing it all
here on the blog.
My sincere hope is that you will be able to learn from me - both from my successes and my failures!
I personally don’t care if markets go up or down, as I’ve a long time-frame (25+ years).
I just buy every month and couldn’t care less about what Mr. Market does.